[Prism54-users] WG511: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000

Tim Chick chick at computergeek.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 09:53:15 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 10:09, Ulrich Ölmann wrote:
> Up to now I never faced any problem with my WG511 card. After your
> Mail I looked a little bit more closely on its sticker to see: It's
> 'made in taiwan'. This seems to confirm one half of your hint!

Ok - I guess the cards which fail have the "soft" mac, and the cards that work have
the "full" mac.

To the developers (sorry for the cross post) - I wonder if you could try reading back
the firmware after you have written it? I think this would confirm if the "mac" is the full
or "soft" mac. The driver could then issue some helpful message, rather than
everyone reporting this as a bug with the driver.

Thanks,
Tim

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: