[Prism54-users] 3com 3CRWE154G72 not supported anymore!?

Vincent Régnard vincentregnard at libertysurf.fr
Wed Sep 22 06:51:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:06:03 -0400
Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:

> Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > during my attempts to get my new wlan card to work, I found out that
> > this particular cards is not supported anymore by the prism54
> > driver...
>
> By this do you mean the card has changed, and therefore does not work,
> or the driver has changed and cards that did work no longer do?

Hi all,
I did experience the same problem. I bought this 3com card because I saw
on the web site that it was fully suported. It took me two days and
about 12 kernel compilations to finally discover the card war revision
II and that the prism54 driver in its actual state is not suitable for
it whereas it is for revision one of the same device. I was successfull
in using a revision I without problem. This confirms that revision II is
not supported by the driver. Any suggestion about how to get it work are
warmly welcome. I would also recommand to modify the informations on the
web page of supported cards regarding this to avoid other persons
getting into trouble.

--
Vincent Régnard
récupérer ma clef GPG: