[Prism54-users] USB firmware

raven at themaw.net raven at themaw.net
Sat Nov 20 10:47:43 UTC 2004

I was sure I`d replied to this but I can't find anything in my sent-mail
and there's nothing on the list so forgive me if I've screwed up.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 07:23:27PM +0800, Ian Kent wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a DLink G122 and I was wondering how to get hold of the firmware or
> > is the firmware the same for all the prism54 usb devices?
> >
> > Ian
>
> USB devices usually have a SoftMAC chipset and this requires a new
> firmware. These chipsets are not supported by our driver.

Thanks for your reply Luis.

I thought there was some development happening for prism54 USB devices?

I've scanned the Wiki, downloaded the experimental code but I can't play,
and possibly provide feedback, unless I first understand the firmware
issues.

I'm assuming that as the G120 is on the list of devices in the
experimental driver and that the Windows driver has prism all through it's
.inf file that this device qualifies as well ???

Ian