[Prism54-users] Prism54 and WPA

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 12 17:21:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:16:51AM +0000, Pavel Epifanov wrote:
> All,
>
> I've read many pages concerning WPA(2) and Linux. But it is still not clear
> if it could be really used with Prism54 drivers _now_. According to Jouni
> page [http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant] it is not ready yet. Might
> we just collect some funds to ask somebody to get wpa_supplicant working
> well with Prism54 ?
>
> Anybody's feedback is appreciated. But please mention the driver version
> you are using if WPA+Prism54 is working for you.
>
> Regards,
> Pavel.
>
> PS: I'm still on 2.4.26 and WEP. It works for about 90% of time even after
> suspend on my TP laptop (sometime I just need to re-load the kernel
> module). But would like to migrate to newer version with WPA support
> because security reasons.

Pavel,

WPA2 will never work on FullMAC chipsets as the cards and firmware do
not support it. These cards are only WPA Version 1 capable. We just
recently committed some WPA work for Access Point mode. All this work
just needs to be tested. WPA STA (client) support has been committed but
does not work yet. There are some final minor tweaks that needs to be
done.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E