[Prism54-users] Getting stuck when out of range

Steve Underwood steveu@coppice.org
Sun, 30 May 2004 13:26:49 +0800

Hi,

I am using Fedora Core 2, so I am using the prism54 code in Linux 2.6.5.
I am using an SMC2835W PCMCIA card. The network will function just fine
for hours. Now, if I move the PC far away from the base station, and try
to send data, the activity light comes on and stays on - no surprise, as
it can't transfer the data. Now, if I bring the PC close to the base
station again, the activity light stays on. I can leave it for a long
time, and that light will stay on. If I do an ifdown/ifup things start
working again. This is not a significant problem when I am near or far
from the base station, but when I cam close to the limit its really
annoying. Can anyone help?

Regards,
Steve