[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511

Simon Green Simon.Green@vodafone.co.nz
Mon, 17 May 2004 09:43:16 +1200

You say that like it's a simple thing. :) Upgrading to 2.6 requires a
few other things to be changed as well. Most importantly I found it
broke the touchpad on my laptop - which is a perfectly ordinary PS/2
device. They changed the way PS/2 works in 2.6. Apparently it's "better"
but I could not for the life of me get that touchpad to work with 2.6.
IMHO a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Anyway, you might get better mileage by upgrading to 2.4.26 and patching
it - it will be less painful.

Cheers
Simon

Remember: overstretching an analogy is like trying to hammer in a steam
train with a giraffe. It probably won't make as much sense as you'd
like.

----------------------
Have you seen our website?.... http://www.vodafone.co.nz

CAUTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named r=
ecipient(s) only.
If you are not the named recipient and receive this correspondence in err=
or, you must not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it and you should delete it =
from your system and
notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed are solely those=
=20of the author and do
not represent those of Vodafone New Zealand Limited.

Vodafone New Zealand Limited
21 Pitt Street, Private Bag 92161, Auckland, 1020, New Zealand
Telephone + 64 9 357 5100
Facsimile + 64 9 377 0962