[Prism54-users] prism on laptop

Pradeep Victor pradeep.victor@smartbridges.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:34:49 +0800

Hi,

I wanted to get my linux laptop to use a prism duette card. The lspci
shows

06:00.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor D-Links DWL-g650 A1
(rev 01)=20

I followed the instructions for the 2.4.24 kernel and for compilation I
used step 1 as shown in the README file. Everything went fine, I created
the firmware folder etc. I ran modprobe firmware_class and when I did
lsmod I could see this module loaded. When I tried insmod prism54 , I
get the follwing=20

root@pradeep_linux_lap:/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware# insmod prism54
Using /lib/modules/2.4.24/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/prism54/prism54.o
/lib/modules/2.4.24/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/prism54/prism54.o:
init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep