[Prism54-users] Prism54 1.2 released

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 23 06:43:21 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Prism54 1.2 has been released. The 2.6.7-bk3 and 2.6.7-mm1 have prism54
1.2. A patch was just submitted to add prism54 1.2 to the 2.4 stock
kernel. The release notes summary is:

* A ton of bugs were fixed

* Aurelien Alleaume added a ton of private ioctls

* I added prism nitro support
  (iwpriv eth0 s_profile 3;  iwpriv eth0 s_frameburst 4500)

* Margit Schubert-While completed a nice 2.4/2.6 compatibility header

* Feyd has started prism54 USB development

* WPA and WDS support not yet complete

* Conexant is working on providing our development team with specifications,
  a new source base and a firmware license. Native Linux driver support for
  Prism Javelin / Xbow chipset based cards may soon be added because of this.

* Prism54 documentation can and should be added by the community. We've set up a wiki for this.
  It already has some information. Visit our Prism54 wiki:
  http://prism54.org/phpwiki/

What to expected for 1.3? I'm currently working on WPA, Denis Vlasenko has
taken up WDS, Feyd is leading USB development, and Margit is working on
weighing pros/cons of a GUPD (Grand Unified Prism54 Driver) --
bring down the driver to only two sources: prism54.h and prism54.c. If I've
missed any credits,or anything you think is important please e-mail me.

I think this would be a good time to start voting on our logo. If anyone
has time to set up the page with voting on the forum, please do and e-mail me
the link, I'll update the front page. If you are going to set this up
please reply to the list saying you'll set it up.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E