[Prism54-users] eth0: device soft reset timed out

David Martinez david.martineznieto at supelec.fr
Mon Jun 7 20:00:44 UTC 2004

Diego Chantrain wrote:

| I am having trouble with the wireless card of my hp pavilion k.580.
|  lspci shows: this:

Hi diego, you have more or less the same computer as me. And I'm
afraid your computer has the same card as mine.

I have bad news for you, your card uses an incompatible new firmware
file and has several differences from the supported one. It is
addressed (Please devs corrige me!!) to start developping a new port
of code as soon as connexant send the specs.

Me, in parallel to the group, i've been trying to hack the card to
make it work. I've got some interesting results (my card inits and is
able to init the buffers too) but it is still so much work to do. but
I'm doing my last college exams and i haven't advanced a lot in the
last month (sorry).

Nevertheless, I'am afraid that, even if I'm ever able to make it work,
I don't really know if we will be allowed to publish a driver
developped mostly with reverse engineering techniques :(

I hope my work could be useful to the group and not a total waste of
time :p
When i finish my exams i'll continue my work and i'll keep you informed.

Bye.

(sorry for my english, one year in france has easily killed my english
written performances ;))

| 0000:02:03.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Intersil
| ISL3890 [Prism GT/Prism Duette] (rev 01)
|
| The card does not seem to start up, as shown in this exerpt from my
|  dmesg:
|
| Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.1 PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device
| 0000:02:03.0 PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 0000:00:1d.1

- --
David MARTINEZ NIETO
Resident CESAL. Casier 3/4/7.
Ecole SUPELEC. Plateau du Moulon.