[Prism54-users] WG511 loses connection to AP and dies

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Wed Jul 21 08:02:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 04:24:21PM +0200, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> Henrik scribeth:
> > I've been running 1.7.16 now for..about two hours and it's still stable.
>
> OK. I'm just wondering if there is also, under undefined circumstances, a
> problem
> with the Prism54 1.0.4.3 firmware. For most of last week, the box that was
> connected to the V1 was on 1.0.3.0.
> I'll see if I can, at the weekend, set up a 24-hour pump through the V1
> using
> both Prism54 FW versions.
>
> Margit

For what its worth my WG511 also has lockup problems during large data
transfers.  building something on my laptop using distcc over the
wireless interface to a couple boxes on the lan typically triggers it
within several minutes.  its not consistent.

My access points are Linksys WRT54G systems (running openwrt).  they use
a broadcom 802.11g hardware and a binary driver from broadcom.  other
wireless devices and the inter-AP WDS link are not effected.  i have
to eject and reinsert my WG511 in my laptop to get it working again.
occassionally i have to remove the prism54 module while the card is out
as well as it can end up in a messed up state.

g speed is nice, but i can't reliably use this card for connectivity.

no kernel bug messages show up in my logs.  but i haven't rebuilt/reloaded
the driver with full debug into on to try and track down the source of
the lockup.

(driver versions from feburary thru 1.2 and june cvs all have the problem.
using 1.0.4.3 firmware).

-g