[Prism54-users] WG511 loses connection to AP and dies

Henrik Persson nix at syndicalist.net
Thu Jul 15 12:44:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 20:27, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> Henrik scribeth:
>  > Really strange.. Cause when I put that firmware in my V1 the whole
>  > thing became unstable and barely useable.
>  > Had to reboot every 30minutes to be able to use it "properly".
>
> Hmm.
> I do have non-standard settings in the V1.
> Stuff like beacon interval, dtim, preamble, channel, mode etc.

I modified all that too. Channel 13, higher beacon interval, short
preamble and stuff. I did a factory reset to make sure it wasn't
anything in the settings. But still the same with 1.7.15.

> There is a version 1.7.16.
> I can't find it on the netgear.com site but it's on the german site:
> http://www.netgear-info.de/cgi-bin/netgear_download/download.pl?func=Detail;id=10338

I've been running 1.7.16 now for..about two hours and it's still stable.
We'll see later on if this solved it. But it is more stable than 1.7.15
at least. :)

Thanks. :)

--
Henrik Persson <nix at syndicalist.net>