[Prism54-users] WG511 loses connection to AP and dies

Henrik Persson nix at syndicalist.net
Wed Jul 14 16:35:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 17:45, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> > that
> > > this stabilizes connections
> > >
> > > Really ? :-)
> > > Notes from the FW update for Netgear WG602 (V1) :
> > > *******************
> > > Version 1.7.15
> > > ·     Fixed unauthorized user access to the WEB configuration utility.
> > > Earlier Version 1.7.14 Fixes Also Included
> > > ·     Fixed lost connections in heavy traffic.
> > > ·     Improved system reliability in heavy traffic.
> > > *******************
> > >
> > > It always pays to check the manufacturers site for updates.
> >
> >Headsup. That firmware made my AP unusable. Ping times went over 1000ms
> >after 30mins. Downgrading the firmware took care of the problem. :/
>
> I cannot reproduce this. Have had this firmware in my V1 for a week or so
> without any problem.
> Also got my V2 on 3.2RC6 without any problem.
> Hmmm

Strange.

Really strange.. Cause when I put that firmware in my V1 the whole thing
became unstable and barely useable. Had to reboot every 30minutes to be
able to use it "properly".

My setup is this:

WG602 <-128bit WEP->WG511 on linux 2.6.7 with outofthebox drivers.

But other users with the orinoco chipset saw the same thing. And I
googled around and found others that had the same problem.

--
Henrik Persson <nix at syndicalist.net>