[Prism54-users] WG511 loses connection to AP and dies

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Wed Jul 14 13:42:38 UTC 2004

Claas scribeth :
 > Do you think something like this will ever happen:
 > 2004-07-xx Margit Schubert-While <margitsw at t-online.de>
 > * Fixed lost connections in heavy traffic with mode Master, fixes bug #87
 > PS: Sorry, couldn't resist ... ;)

Not beyond the realms of possibility :-)
(Except that I am not the expert in this area of the code,
  I am more of the "Get it into the kernel, make sure it works
  with 2.4, get it cleaned up" - general dogsbody :-)   )

Claas also scribeth:
 >  I hope Margit doesn't take this personal since this is NOT intended.

She doesn't :-)
A little light-heartedness never hurt :-)

The BUG_ON was in the original Intersil code.

Of course, if you ask the manufacturers, they will/do all say that this
mode is not possible. (Well, they want you to buy their AP's)
It's actually possible that the firmware doesn't stably support this
mode; however without docs this is impossible to determine.
Luis has got negotiations well under way with Conexant, so
hopefully in the near future we will have relevant information.

Margit