[Prism54-users] eth0 & eth1 won't work at the same time

Andy Boff andy.boff at ury.york.ac.uk
Sun Jul 11 19:59:18 UTC 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 20:53, Warrick Lacey wrote:
> Thanks for your help Andy, here is the netstat -r info

No problems

> w/eth0 active and able to communicate...
>
> [wtl at taupe floppy]$ cat eth0-netstat-r.txt
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags
>  MSS Window  irtt Iface
> 135.7.0.0       *               255.255.0.0     U
>    0 0          0 eth0
> 127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U
>    0 0          0 lo
> [wtl at taupe floppy]$
>
> w/eth1 active and able to communicate...
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags
>  MSS Window  irtt Iface
> 135.7.0.0       *               255.255.0.0     U
>    0 0          0 eth1
> 127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U
>    0 0          0 lo

OK, so looking at your subnet masks, those static IP addresses should be fine.

> I don't see anything different. Is this a problem that
> others have run into or is this a cockpit error?

They both look ok. The key now will be to see the routing table when both
interfaces are active, which is where your original post said the problem was
(as I recall). Could you possibly post a routing table when both are active?
(and any other conditions that you find the network isn't behaving as you'd
expect)

I don't use Mandrake, so I'm not completely up to speed on cockpit, but the
routing tables are common to all of linux. When we work out exactly what the
problem is, then we can work out how best to fix it on your system.

Cheers,

Andy