[Prism54-users] Device soft reset timed out on 3com 54G72

Marc Smeets m.smeets@nedlinux.nl
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:58:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm having some annoying problems with my 3Com Officeconnect 3CRWE154G72
Pc card. It should be functioning superb, at least that's what the list
on the site tells me. I'm having nothing but problems.
Kernel is 2.4.24, distro is Gentoo. wireless tools are installed, no
pcmcia-cs tools. Hotplug is installed.

As soon as I plug in my pc card it get's recognized and this is the
ouput of tail-f /var/log/messages

eth1: prism driver detected card model: 3COM 3CRWE154G72
eth1: islpci_open()
eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware
eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth1: device soft reset timed out
dhcpcd[3851]: dhcpStart: ioctl SIOCSIFFLAGSL: Resource temporarily
unavailable

I've tryed several cvs patches, even those before 13 jan when the
resetting code was rewritten. I can't get beyond this error.

If any iwconfig or other command's output is wanted let me know. But I
don't think my system even get's to the state where iwconfig needs to
take it over.
Any help is wanted.

Marc