[Prism54-users] Wich PCI card contain miniPCI

Richard Atterer richard@list04.atterer.net
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:10:56 +0100

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:51:49AM +0100, SeB wrote:
> I am looking for a miniPCI card for my laptop
> do you know if the PEABIRD WLG-PCI (supported card)
> is in fact a miniPCI inside a PCI adaptor ?
> What other brand/model do you know to be like this ?

My Allnet ALL0271 PCI card has a miniPCI piggybacked on it, below a bit of
metal shielding which can be removed without soldering. I don't know
whether this card is available outside Germany.

Before you buy anything, ensure that you laptop has enough room for a
normal-sized miniPCI card - the Centrino WLAN miniPCI cards are a bit
smaller than ordinary. Furthermore, the BIOSes of many Centrino notebooks
have a list of allowed miniPCI cards, and will refuse to boot if an unknown
model is detected. :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯