[Prism54-users] adjust tx power?

Bradley Chapman kakadu_croc@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:53:57 -0800 (PST)

Mr. Dong,

--- Jianpeng Dong <jdong@otcwireless.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A general question on how to adjust the tx power. Should we first disable
> the power control using the corresponding MT_OID_POWERCONTROL oid and then
> change the output power using another oid DOT11_OID_OUTPUTPOWER?

Neither is required anymore - the latest versions of the driver support firmware-
enforced manipulation of the transmission power via the Wireless Tools API. This
means that you only have to link against the Wireless Tools library, or use the
iwconfig program in the Wireless Tools package.

> Thanks and best,
>
> JP

Brad

=====