[Prism54-users] Help: SMC2802W - SUCCESS on SuSE 8.2 (with newer hotplug), Thanks

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann@sympatico.ca
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:51:43 -0500

Jens, Sepp,

Thanks both of you for your suggestions.

The core of my problem was, as you both of you suggested, the '/sbin/hotplug'.

SuSE 8.2 seems to have a very old version (2001) and once I put some echo
statements there, they showed it never makes it behind first line, it
expected file "/var/lock/subsys/hotplug' file to exist and it was not there.

Once I changed that, things started working but I upgraded to latest hotplug
from SourceForge anyway.

Everything works nicely, and seems quite fast.

For all who have SuSE 8.2 - it seems that updating hotplug is a wise thing to
do before installing wireless.

Thanks again to all who helped, Milan