[Prism54-users] Can't make a SMC2802W work. Maybe it's my hardware setup? Doing something wrong?

bapm bapm@netcabo.pt
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:22:27 -0000

I think I found out why the card doesn't work. It requires PCI 2.2 and =
my motherboard is PCI 2.1.
I still have some hope it might work since linux can see the card and I =
think the firmware is loaded ok.
Do have any ideas if this can be made to work in these conditions?
=20
Thanks in advance,
=20
Bruno

	-----Original Message-----=20
	From: Jens Maurer [mailto:Jens.Maurer@gmx.net]=20
	Sent: Thu 1/15/2004 7:24 PM=20
	To: bapm=20
	Cc: prism54-users@prism54.org=20
	Subject: Re: [Prism54-users] Can't make a SMC2802W work. Maybe it's my =
hardware setup? Doing something wrong?
=09

	bapm wrote:
	>   eth3: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
	>   de_put: deferred delete of loading
	>   de_put: deferred delete of 00:09.0
	>   eth3: device soft reset timed out
=09
	This fails at exactly the point where I reworked the "reset"
	handling.   This may or may not be a good sign.
=09
	My check-in happend then: 2004/01/13 21:24:05
=09
	Could you please try out an earlier version of
	the driver (e.g. from 12 jan 2004) and see if it works?
	You should see something like "mib_init" showing up.
=09
	You could also try to change this line in islpci_dev.c
	         remaining =3D sleep_on_timeout(&priv->reset_done, HZ);
	         remaining =3D sleep_on_timeout(&priv->reset_done, 10*HZ);
=09
	This will increase the timeout to 10 sec, possibly your card
	needs a very long time to reset (unlikely).
=09
	Explanation: We (now) wait in "ifconfig up" until the
	device has acknowledged (by interrupt) the soft reset, then
	we set all the configuration parameters and find out about
	the MAC address.  This interrupt does not happen,
	apparently.
=09
	Jens Maurer
=09