[Prism54-users] SMC2835 stopped working

Dirk dirk@bigengineer.xs4all.nl
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:16:05 +0100

Hi all. I just started with a wireless network, thanks to all to stuff
already available it worked more or less out of the box. But only the
first night.

I have a links wrt54g AP and a SMC2835 PCMCIA card, kernel 2.6.0 on
woody.
At this moment the card works and it can find the AP, the AP however
doesn't see the card. I turned the WEP key and MAC filtering off.

The only weird thing I see in the logs are the following:
TRAP: oid 0x18000003, device 3, flags 0x0 length 12
and:
_mgt_get_request(): data length (64!=1452) mismatch for oid=0x1c000043

AFAIK I haven't changed anything since it worked. Hotplugging and
uploading the firmware seems to work:

Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.0.2.2
PCI: Enabling device 0000:05:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
eth1: islpci_open()
eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware...
eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth1: prism54_mib_init()
eth1: done with prism54_mib_init()! -- Client Managed mode

Because the AP doesn't list the SMC as an active card in the network my
guess is that the SMC isn't sending anything, only receiving.

Does anyone have a clue or maybe some suggestion to get it working
again?

Thanks,

Dirk