[Prism54-users] Help: SMC2802W - firmware loading fails, eth0 does not start

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann@sympatico.ca
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:18:43 -0500

Jens,

Thanks for your reply - I am getting back to this a week later, was gone last
week.

I do have firmware.agent in /etc/hotplug, it is executable, still the same
problem. I am completely confused as to what to try next, I double checked
everything I read in the docs...

I'd like to get some suggestion on how to debug this problem, for example, can
I put some echos inside the firmware.agent and see what the $DEVPATH and
$FIRMWARE are set to?  Where do they come from when firmware.agent is
executed? If I set the DEBUG=yes, where is the output going to be?

Thanks Milan