[Prism54-users] Newes Kernelpackages and ppc

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:42:56 +0100

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> I've compiled 2.6.1 for ppc (2.6.1-ben1 apple power book) and tried
> to check the latest kernelpatches to work. The both I tried (from
> 20041010 and 20041009) didn't work. The modul and the firware where
> loaded but no connct to the base.

Please set VERBOSE to 0xff in islpci_mgt.h, remove all isl*.o
object files and recompile.  Then try again. This should give
plenty of debugging information in /var/log/messages, which
hopefully gives us a clue what's wrong. (Since it's large, you
may want to "gzip" it and mail it to me privately.)

Potentially, we're missing an endianness conversion or somesuch.

Jens Maurer