AW: [Prism54-users] Can't connect?

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:26:25 +0100

Hannes Bischof wrote:
> I think the connection is a bit slower then I tasted with a real Access
> Point,
> is there a good and reliable way to taste the speed?

Use ttcp, for example.

On one end:

   ttcp -r

On the other end:

   ttcp -t

(I think there's also a Windows port available.)

> The connection interrupts some times, too.  So that Win2K announces
> "Networkcabel disconnected"
> is that a known issue or only a temporary problem???

Hm... That shouldn't happen.  But, after all, we're wireless, so
anyone turning on the microwave oven may kill your WLAN connection...

There's a VERBOSE setting in islpci_mgt.h (bitmask) that you can
set to log more information about the various operations that
happen.  Probably we're not yet answering some requests properly
in AP mode?

Jens Maurer