[Prism54-users] Output power regulation - SMC2802W

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:18:24 -0500 (EST)

Martin,

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Martin Viteznik wrote:

> Hi,
> can anyone tell me how to regulate output power of SMC2802W?
> In old p54 forum I found this:
>
> OID_INL_OUTPUTPOWER FF02000F

This is the OID to use.

> > Output power in units of 0.25 dBm.

Perhaps this means for each unit you put on that address you get 0.25 dBm.
Not sure though. Can someone advise?

> > The highest maximum output power is restricted to the value at which the
> > card was calibrated to. And also the regulatory restrictions of the
> > country domain.

Probably means that even if you go on setting the output power really
high, it will only reach certain threshold which is equal to a restricted
regulatory value which was preset (hardcoded/calibrated) onto the specific
card you have (country regulations may vary).

> > Looks like the OID is readable and writeable and not
> > latched.

Means you can read and also write the value, so its not hardcoded.

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (09 FEB 02) [foldoc]:

  latch

     A digital logic circuit used to store one or more bits.  A
     latch has a data input, a clock input and an output.  When the
     clock input is active, data on the input is "latched" or
     stored and transfered to the output either immediately or when
     the clock input goes inactive.  The output will then retain
     its value until the clock goes active again.

     See also {flip-flop}.

	Luis