[Prism54-users] WG511 card (islpci_mgt_response) lockup

Benjamin Henne metalhen@metalhen.de
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:58:58 +0100

 > I first want to thank the developers for all the hard work and effort
 > they have contributed to help the linux cause. It is too bad that the
 > device manufacturers aren't more supportive but this community more
 > than makes up for it.
 >
 > I have a netgear wg511 card in a dell inspiron 7500 running
 > 2.4.23-pre9 and debian. I have successfully installed everything and
 > when the card is working it works wonderfully with good signal and
 > throughput. My problem is that after some random amount of time
 > (minutes-hours) the card locks up and syslog is filled with messages
 > like:
 >
 >Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty,
 >retrying (jiffies left = 40
 >Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty,
 >retrying (jiffies left = 30
 >Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty,
 >retrying (jiffies left = 20
 >Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty,
 >retrying (jiffies left = 10
 >Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty,

I had the same problem few minutes after starting my Netgear WG511 on my
Fujitsu-Siemens Liefebook E7110 first time (2.6.0 Kernel, debian).
I used this patch: prism54-cvs20031231.tar.bz2
Messages are repeated thousands times in syslog, all consoles hung and I
only could poweroff PC. not even acpi-powerbutton poweroff worked.

Is there any solution?
I had something similiar one year ago with an old orinico_pci driver I
needed for my intern wlan-card. that was fixed with newer code.

Benjamin Henne