[Prism54-users] Kernel oopses

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie@lxtec.de
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:14:19 +0100

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

Hi all.

I've had some non reproducable kernel oopses on my Apple 15" AlPB.
There is a SMC2835W wifi card running with the drivers from prism54.
Ok, I compiled in the latest ones into the 2.6.3-ben(1|2) kernels
and had no problems with the card itself but some kernel oopses. So
I figured out the 2.6.2 kernel on my machine, where no oopses
happend. Hmm, the difference was in the version of the prism
drivers. The 2.6.2 was running with the version of 18.12.2003. Now I
have 2.6.3-ben2 and 2.6.4-rc1 out of the box running with the Dec.
version. No more oopses. So, I am not a really good hacker, but it
must be possible to get big endian drivers work with the ppc-kernel
tree of Benjamin Herrenschmidt?

Ciao

Elimar

--=20