[Prism54-users] Windows firmware embedded in driver files

Christian Kreibich christian@whoop.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:40:08 +0000

Hi Marc,

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 08:15, Marc Smeets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you also got problems with your 3com officeconnect? Ik keep getting
> "soft reset timed out" errors just after loading the firmware. I
> addressed the list before, and there were some other people having the
> same problem. But unfortunatly the error is not fixed (yet).
>
> But, reading your (and other's) comment on the list, I start thinking it
> doesn't work because I also got a Version 1.0 label on the pc card.
> Have you got your card working in any way?

I'm using a 3com OfficeConnect 11g, model number 3CRWE154G72 with a
version 1.0 label without problems using WEP. I downloaded the firmware
a few weeks ago per the link given in the README.

The only things that are a bit annoying are that

- I'm still unable to use WPA as per my previous posting -- any comments
on that would still be appreciated

- my network interface sometimes shuts down without any apparent reason,
and I don't get any output in the logs at all. It does not appear to be
related to my DHCP server -- the leases are long enough easily. If
somebody can suggest where to start looking for clues, that'd be much
appreciated.

Good luck,
Christian.
                                          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cpk25