[Prism54-users] WUSB54G

Patrick O'Neil pkoneil@purdue.edu
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:26:54 -0500

I see in the "supported" chart that a Linksys Wireless-G (WUSB54G) is
supported.  It is listed twice and each has a combined "success count"
of >20.  I also see the vendor id:product id there and it matches what I
have.

I cannot get it to even TRY to work.  How did anyone manage to get the
usb wlan device, Linksys Wireless-G, wusb54g, to work at all?  What does
it take?

I have built and installed the driver/module without problem.  I have
installed the firmware and firmware.agent as instructed in the README.
Nothing.  All I see in my syslog is a message that no driver is claiming
the device.  If I try to modprobe or insmod prism54.o it errors out and
cannot do it.  Trying to run/use the firmware.agent doesn't do anything
either, just produce a message in syslog along the lines of :
"firmware.agent: Firmware ' ' action not supported "
or something similar.

I am running mandrake 9.2 (and followed the instructions associated with
it as well).  No worky.  I tried to enter my failure as a failure count
into the chart but it wont seem to let me.
So, how do I get it working, since SOMEONE has apparently managed to, or
how do I add a failure to the count that  erroneously sits at 0 right now?

Anyone?  Is there ANY 802.11g usb device out there that will work with
linux?

praedor