[Prism54-users] Update on speed of SMC 2835W

Ronald Pijnacker rhp@dse.nl
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:53:21 +0100

Hi all,

A while back (early Januari) I reported that I got a SMC 2835W working
(without much trouble) in my laptop. Unfortunately I wasn't able to
measure throughput back then, but in the mean time I am. I must say that
the results are above my expectations!

I have used "iperf -s" on a machine with 100 Mbit ethernet connected to
a SMC 2802WBR router. On my laptop I am using kernel 2.6.1 with a
prism54 patch from a few weeks back. I connect to the server using
"iperf -c <server>".

The results fluctuate a bit between 19Mbs and 23Mbs. On averge the
results are near 22Mbs. (I even got 12Mbs with the microwave on :) .

However, when I tried the other way around, I got a problem with the
wireless card. I have to see if it is reproducable. If so, I will let
you know.

Hopefully this is usefull information.

Thanks for all the efforts,

  Ronald.