[Prism54-users] SMC2835 stopped working, how to troubleshoot?

Dr. Tobias Damm tobias@dr-t-damm.de
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:49:17 +0100

Dear Dirk,

I had the same messages. And I have a solution. Disable WEP encrytion in the
AP and in your card. This is not a temperature problem.

This error occur only under heavy load. You can enforce this by "bing". This
is a nice tool to stress and messure a connection between two maschines.

With WEP it freeze after a 1/2 minute. But without WEP it works more than a
half hour without any problem.

For bing you need an other maschine behind your AP:

bing laptux tuxhome

Where laptux is my laptop with the SMC2835 and tux home is an Linux desktop
wired with 100Mbit to the AP.

Please try this and give feedback.

If many people can reproduce this, it would be clear that we have Bug in the
WEP imlementation.

best regards

Tobias