[Prism54-users] CVS - WEP = Crashes, Other Crashes

Richard Atterer richard@list04.atterer.net
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:59:09 +0100

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:38:43AM +0200, Stanislav Lyalikov wrote:
> The SMC 2802 PCI card requires at least P-II 300 MHz to run. I tried to
> use it in 266 MHz desktop and the system crashed every second time I
> started it.

I don't think this is related to processor speed. My WLAN/ethernet
router+firewall machine is an old 266 MHz P2 MMX notebook, and when its
Netgear WG511 is in use, this has no noticeable effect on CPU usage.

I *do* have problems WRT reliably loading the prism driver on boot, but I'm
fairly sure this is due to 1) Debian's hotplug package, and 2) some problem
with my PCMCIA controller which sometimes prevents it from recognizing a
newly plugged in card (so you have to pull out and re-insert it).

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯