[Prism54-users] prism54 erros

Hugo Koren hugo@deltaman.nl
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 01:55:27 +0100

> Hugo Koren wrote:
> > Cannot open prism traps netlink socket: Protocol not supported
> > Cannot open prism traps netlink socket: Protocol not supported
> > Could not close prismoid netlink socket: Bad file descriptor
> > Cannot open prism traps netlink socket: Protocol not supported
> > Cannot open prism traps netlink socket: Protocol not supported
> > Could not close prismoid netlink socket: Bad file descriptor
> > I get those when I do this:
> > ifup eth1
>
> Hm... You should check your "ifup" script.  It looks like it
> relies on the old prism54 driver which wasn't integrated with
> the wireless extensions yet.

mmm, what do you mean with it? I have renamed my
/lib/modules/2.4.24/kernel/net/wireless/prism54.o file
so that I could check if that file is used, it is. So I think that I am nog
using an old driver.
Well I am writing this mail I just remember that I had changed my
ifup-wireless script that came with
redhat.  And changed it like this:
# Set SSID
#$SETOID $DEVICE 10000002 ssid KorenBloem

That was why I get the Protocol not supported message.
I had made a backup of that wireless script and but it back. Now I don't get
the messages aymore :)

Grtz,
Hugo