[Prism54-users] new pci card that works?

Stroller Linux.Luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 20 17:26:22 UTC 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 4:12 pm, Tim Olsen wrote:
> Hello.  I am looking for a new pci card that works.  one that doesn't
> have a version 2 of it out there that would make it not work.
> I am going to look on ebay for some used cards but would prefer to be
> able to run to a store and buy one.  which card do ppl recommend?

Allnet ALL0271 is what I chose. It seemed to have many positive
comments on the forums and it works here. I have heard of no "version
2" of this card, although I believe there may be a ALL0272 or something
that doesn't work with the Prism54 drivers.

I heard recently from a Canadian correspondent that the US distributors
are no longer stocking the ALL0271, but you may be luckier if you live
in Europe. I got mine from Germany - I bought several, so can ship you
one (boxed & shrinkwrapped) if you require. If you're in the UK I will
sell these on a "guaranteed to work with Linux / Prism54" basis.

Stroller.