[Prism54-users] Master mode with USB Devices (AP)

Marcus Mikolaiczyk m.mikolaiczyk at rac.de
Fri Dec 3 14:40:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've looked in the archive for information if I can use an usb wlan device
(prism GT chipset) and the prism54 driver to set up an accesspoint with a
Linux embedded system. I found a post
http://prism54.org/pipermail/prism54-users/2004-October/001751.html
<http://prism54.org/pipermail/prism54-users/2004-October/001751.html>  which
mentioned that it ist possible, but I also found on the page for the
supported-cards, that the 'glue' driver for usb is not available.

My setup is an embedded box (it has not PCI nor PCMCIA slots only USB 2.0)
with kernel 2.4.19  . And for example  an Medion MD70900USB dongle.

What do I need to set it up as an accesspoint :

- Kernel with USB support - Yes

- Prism54 driver - Yes

- USB-prism54 ???

- hostap ???