[Prism54-users] terminal prism54 performance problems

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Aug 18 21:47:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Just the keyboard right? You can still use the mouse? I've seen
> this happen to me only when using a display manager (gdm, kdm,
> xmd). I didn't look further into it.

Well, this is from console in single user mode. So I dont know.

However, if I let boot to run level 5, X and gdm will never come up,
which would be inline with prism54 having wedged having disabled
interrupts.

Note that not even alt+sysrq works..

> Regarding the high traffic flow causing problems:

It's not even high-traffic though. 50kB/s will kill it in short
order.

> 3com. It may be the case 3com uses Prism GT and the network traffic
> problems are occuring on Prism Frisbee based cards. My
> understanding is Frisbee chipset based cards (apparantly most on
> the market) just has a cheaper Zero-IF (ZIF) architecture. Not sure
> if this could have an effect on traffic jams.

I've no idea really. Apparently WG511 does work fine for some (eg
Margit2 on #prism54), so..

> Please try again with the latest CVS as CVS had some errors and were
> recenlty fixed -- see ChangeLog for details.

Ah, ok. Will give it another go.

> Try 1.0.3.0 as its been reported is more stable.

Ok.

> I know of no newer firmware. After those I believe the softmac driver
> was the focus of development.

No idea what that means :)

> Let us know how it goes. If problems persists, please e-mail
> prism54-devel instead.

What debug info would be useful?

> 	Luis

regards,
Fortune:
QOTD:
 	"I thought I saw a unicorn on the way over, but it was just a
 	horse with one of the horns broken off."