[Prism54-users] Upload firmware fails

Jim Glutting jag at softwarespec.com
Wed Aug 18 03:29:41 UTC 2004

Hi,
     I am trying to use a Netgear WG511 pcmcia card.
I am running a 2.4.26 kernel and have applied the
patch-2.4.26-prism54-1.2.
I have downloaded and placed the firmware file into
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/isl3890 with 664, owned by root,
and the file size is 93996.
I have verified all of the kernel requirements from the README.

I have turned on debugging and see in the messages file
that the pci.agent and net.agent are invoked successfully.
When I run ifup eth1, the firmware.agent is invoked,
but 10 seconds later I get the messages:

kernel: prism54: request_firmware() failed for isl3890
kernel: eth1: could not upload firmware ('isl3890')

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
JAG