[Prism54-users] loading firmware

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 4 15:13:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

> It's on line 87 of /etc/rc.d/init.d/network

Oh! I was looking in the wrong scripts! My fault

> Just search for "hotplug" and comment out all the offending lines.

I commented out lines #87, #88, #89
There is another hotplug line (line #160),
should be that commented too?
However, it seems to work. Thank you a lot! :-)

> I _think_ you can reference a network card by it's MAC address instead of
> "eth.*", but I can't remember how.

Uhmm... ok, if the scripts go on working like
they are doing now :-) I won't need to reference
the devices myself anymore, however, is that normal
that the device changes name at each boot?

> Try changing the channel to the other end of the spectrum
> problems on channel 10
> Once I moved to channel 4 the problems dissappeared

Ah! The channel... I was on channel 4, now I'm experimenting...
seems that channel 9 works much better... thanks again!

Franco