[Prism54-users] which netgear stuff is supported?

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty@manty.net
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:05:44 +0200

Hi!

My old prism2 card passed away, so I'm looking at buying some prism54
supported stuff, I've seen that you have some netgear stuff marked as
supported, but I have some doubts on that, as the web is not too clear.

First, I see that the wg511 is well supported, but I'm offered two 511
models: wg511se and wg511ge does anybody know the differences? are they both
supported or maybe none are?

Second, about Netgear WG311v2, I have downloaded the driver for windows for
this card from Netgear's page and it seems to be a texas instruments based
card, at least that's what I can tell after unpacking wg311v2_1_0_0_10.zip
and reading the wg311v2.inf file, there it is clearly stated, at least to
me, that it is a TI based card, also, the fact that there are this firmware
files in the driver doesn't match a prism54 card at all, or does it?

-rw-rw-rw-    1 manty    manty       70724 2003-10-02 17:37 FW1130.BIN
-rw-rw-rw-    1 manty    manty       76208 2003-10-19 16:08 FwRad16.bin
-rw-rw-rw-    1 manty    manty       78368 2003-10-19 16:08 FwRad17.bin

If you see this as clear as I see it, please change the web page removing
that card from there.

And third... you seem to have Netgear WG602 as kind of supported, with this
data:

Netgear WG602 Version 1  	WG602v1  	AP
Success		32 	4 	88.89 %

Netgear WG602 Version 2  	WG602v2  	AP
Unknown		25 	8 	75.76 %

I'd like to know if somebody can confirm to me if this AP is supported or
not and what would be needed to get a new linux inside the AP, or at least
point me to some doc about this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards...
--