[Prism54-users] Firmware upload fails on Soekris board with ZCOM XG-600

Vanja Hrustic vanja@pobox.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:51:06 +0200

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:31:20 +0200
Vanja Hrustic <vanja@pobox.com> wrote:

[responding to my own post - sorry :]

> I am trying to make Mini-PCI card (Zcom XG-601, recognized as XG-600 by
> prism54 driver) work on embedded system.

<snip>

> But when I try to assign an IP address to the eth2 interface (prism54
> card, in this case), I see the following:
>
> remove_proc_entry: 00:10.0/loading busy, count=1
> remove_proc_entry: firmware/00:10.0 busy, count=1
> de_put: deferred delete of loading
> de_put: deferred delete of 00:10.0

<snip>

> "iwconfig eth2" shows:
>
> /sbin # iwconfig eth2
> eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response
> eth2      no wireless extensions.

I took another XG601 Mini-PCI card, and put it into Soekris. After I
booted and initiated "ifconfig eth2 x.x.x.x", I did get again
remove_proc_entry/de_put messages, but the card works now. Seems like
firmware was uploaded okay.

So, the first card I tried was definitelly broken, and the second card
seems to work (well, I've just tried to associate and put it in AP mode -
nothing more).

So, in case someone experiences the same thing...

However, I still wonder if anyone knows what those
remove_proc_entry/de_put messages mean, and what/who triggers them?

Thanks.

Vanja