[Prism54-users] Prism Nitro XM Support

Rodel Miguel rodel.miguel@eazix.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:56:59 +0800

Hi,

The latest firmware from Conexant doesn't support Nitro XM.  This
performance enhancement feature is really very important for L2 QoS.  It
introduces new compression technique, concatenation of multiple small
packets, piggyback acks (for eliminating redundant messages), packet
bursting (original Nitro), and direct linking (very good feature for P2P
communication in a BSS).  Conexant supports this feature in their Soft
MAC driver, which means, most of the WiFi functionalities are given to
the host PC.  I'm not sure if Conexant will release a firmware to
support the features, maybe, the group could talk with the Conexant guys
to verify this.  If they would not be supporting XM in their firmware,
maybe we could add this to the prism54 driver's functionality. :p=20

Regards,

Rodel

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis R. Rodriguez [mailto:mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu]=20
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 7:19 AM
To: prism54-users@prism54.org
Subject: Re: [Prism54-users] Prism Nitro XM Support

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:27:40PM +0800, Rodel Miguel wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Has Conexant informed the group about Prism Nitro XM support?  Is this
> firmware upgrade where we can just "setoid" to enable this feature?
> Does the group have initiatives to support "soft/thin mac" chipsets?=20
>=20
> Thank you very much.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Rodel Miguel

Prism54 supports Nitro. Not sure what Nitro "XM" is. Prism Nitro is
certainly just a firmware enhancement. If Nitro "XM" is also a firmware
enhancement then we can support it... we'd just need info on the
OID(s) to set and what value(s) to set it to.

PS: To all other devs: I'm back from vacation and now painting my new
place. I also started a new job. Sorry for the delay in my responses but
I've=20
just been really busy right now. As soon as I get my place painted I
should be able to start working on the driver again.=20

PSS: Feyd: re the USB driver files: you have cvs access, just cvs add *.

--=20
GnuPG Key fingerprint =3D 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A
525E