[Prism54-users] Access Point Mode and Client Mode: any working config?

Jeff Bobzin jeff@boccorp.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:50:03 -0500

Niccolo,

I am guessing that you are using IWCONFIG to change the mode to master =
(AP). This does not work for me either. (I am using same cards).

The driver code seems reasonable but the access point does not appear =
externally. I am guessing that the card firmware is not being poked =
correctly in this driver version. I don't think the iwconfig essid =
change works either.

A temporary work-around:

Set the CARD_DEFAULT_MODE and CARD_DEFAULT_BSSTYPE values (isl_mgt.h) to =
INL_MODE_CLIENT and DOT11_BSSTYPE_IBSS. Set your desired SSID too. =
Compile this version and install prism54.o into your client.

Change the CARD_DEFAULT_MODE to INL_MODE_AP and compile.  Install this =
binary into your access point.

This worked for me.  Hopefully the problems in the ioctl processing can =
be addressed soon allowing dynamic switching.

Yes, 54 Mb/s is not achieved.  I have seen 6.5 Mb/s from a test program =
doing continuous sends of 16K buffers. Not a lot better than 11b.

Much work to go but development seems to be accelerating.

--jeff
"another happy user"