[Prism54-users] What could cause the this card not to respond?

Bjørn Mork bjorn@mork.no
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:50:49 +0100

david <david@hulk.gulmu.com> writes:

> On my pc (PCI) only one order of the "iwconfigs" runs ok. Any other order=
 sets
> my card on 5.2Ghz, or null ssid, or AP  00:00:00:00:00:00.
>
> This is my startup script:
>
> MODE="master"
> ESSID="Habitacion WIFI"
> CHANNEL=6
> IPADDR="192.168.0.2"
> IWCONFIG="/usr/local/sbin/iwconfig"
> MODPROBE=/sbin/modprobe
> IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig"
> IF2=eth1
>
> $MODPROBE prism54
> sleep 5
> $IWCONFIG $IF2 mode $MODE
> $IWCONFIG $IF2 essid "$ESSID"
> $IWCONFIG $IF2 channel $CHANNEL
>

> This is the ONLY order of settings wich works for me.

I've found exactly the same, except that I seem to manage with just a
2 second sleep after loading the module.  This means that one can't
use the e.g. the wireless-tools package in Debian to configure the
interface since that will result in a single command like
 'iwconfig eth1 channel 13 essid Demo mode Master'

I assume other distributions will have similar problems.

Bjørn