[Prism54-users] prism54 as AP

Rob Gipman gipmanr@mtn.co.ug
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:21:58 +0300

Tim Dijkstra wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:42:01 +0300
>Rob Gipman <gipmanr@mtn.co.ug> wrote:
>

>>Luis is right,
>>
>>I have here 2 sitecom cards, one pci the other pcmcia both 11G so
>>54Mb. GF has a Acer laptop with build in wifi 11b. they all
>>communicate fine on 11Mb as this is the max 11B supports, also the
>>encryption can only be 64bit as this is the max for 11b cards.
>>

>This is really similar to my setup ...
>What kernel are you using and what version of the driver?
>
>grts Tim

I'm running 2.4.23 pre9, all up to the latest patch

The driver for the pci siteom is prism54

I have an issue with ifconfig that loads on startup and iwconfig tough,
just managed to get web working under 64bit enc. I need to make a script
to load, unload, load, unload, i also use wireless tools with the 16
option  from wireless_tools.26.tar

iwspy still crashes my machine.

Rob