[Prism54-users] prism54 as AP

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:21:28 +0100

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:42:01 +0300
Rob Gipman <gipmanr@mtn.co.ug> wrote:

> Luis is right,
>
> I have here 2 sitecom cards, one pci the other pcmcia both 11G so
> 54Mb. GF has a Acer laptop with build in wifi 11b. they all
> communicate fine on 11Mb as this is the max 11B supports, also the
> encryption can only be 64bit as this is the max for 11b cards.

My set up is the following: I have a linksys WRT54G AP
(temporarily), a pc with a SMC2808W (prism54) pci card and a laptop with
a 11B card built in (works with orinoco_cs dirver).

Both the laptop and prism54 work perfectly as client of the linksys. If
I try without the linksys and the prism54 card as AP (which is the
goal), there is no evidence the two (laptop and prism54) see each other.

Does somebody have any idea how to debug this situation?

Also I can't seem to get the prism54 in ad-hoc mode
# iwconfig eth1 mode ad-hoc
# iwconfig eth1
eth1      PRISM Duette  Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.422GHz
          Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ... ...

grts Tim