[Prism54-users] WG511 card (islpci_mgt_response) lockup

James Clark jclark@eng.auburn.edu
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:38:52 -0600

I first want to thank the developers for all the hard work and effort they have
contributed to help the linux cause. It is too bad that the device manufacturers
aren't more supportive but this community more than makes up for it.

I have a netgear wg511 card in a dell inspiron 7500 running 2.4.23-pre9 and
debian. I have successfully installed everything and when the card is working it
works wonderfully with good signal and throughput. My problem is that after some
random amount of time (minutes-hours) the card locks up and syslog is filled
with messages like:

Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 40
Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 30
Nov  9 11:13:30 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 20
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 10
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 0
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: _mgt_get_request(): data length (3072!=4) mismatch
for oid=17000013
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 90
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 80
Nov  9 11:13:31 thor kernel: islpci_mgt_response(): queue empty, retrying (jiffi
es left = 70

Are these caused by a bug in the driver module, a kernel config problem,
pcmcia/cardbus problem, whatever? Is anyone else experiencing this? In order to
get things working again I have to deconfig, cardctl eject, cardctl insert,
reconfig. After that the card works fine again for some new random amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
James Clark                 Engineering Network Services
334.844.2280                    Auburn University