[Prism54-users] prism54 as AP

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:04:19 +0100

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:16:37 +0100
"Hugo Koren" <hugo@deltaman.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > So basically my questions are; Did somebody got the the latest
> > version of the driver working as an AP? Are there some docs on how
> > to do this?
>
> iwconfig eth1 mode master
> iwconfig eth1 essid My-AP

Hmm, I tried that, but that wasn't enough.

Actually the other card, which is supposed to be the client is a
802.11b, it can't see the should-be-AP. I thought I should try to
set the rate to 11Mb/s, but that yields:

sudo iwconfig eth1 rate 11Mb/s
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.

There's a number of other things that could wrong; the AP is not
broadcasting; it's not in a 802.11b-compat mode. But I have no idea how
to check and/or fix this. So I was hoping for some more info ...

grts Tim