[Prism54-users] Timeouts with SMC EZconnect

Timo Felbinger Timo.Felbinger@quantum.physik.uni-potsdam.de
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:16:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, John and Kathy wrote:

> I have an SMC EZconnect (SMC2802W-CA) and after a lot of debugging still
> have these issues:
>
> Debian 3.0 with 2.4.22 kernel and 2.4.23-pre9 and CVS-1102 patches
>
> Wireless tools from a Debian version 23-2 package
>
> 133MHz 48MB Acer desktop, PCI card

I got an SMC2802W, too, and it took me several days before I finally
got it working yesterday (and it seems pretty stable: many thanks to
the authors! :-) ).
Some observations:

  - The lowest driver version which worked for me was CVS-1107.
    Earlier versions didn't work at all or caused hard lockup
    of the server (dual Xeon 2.4 GHz), sometimes after a few
    packets had been transmitted.
  - The wireless tools, version 0.26, only worked correctly
    after recompilation against the patched kernel sources.
    (I assume they depend on patched kernel header files).

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Timo Felbinger

--