[Prism54-users] (no subject)

James Georgas jgeorgas@rogers.com
08 Nov 2003 17:05:12 -0500

>El dom, 02-11-2003 a las 13:32, Chris de Vries escribió:
>   >
>   > I keep wondering whether I coyed the firmware file in the correct location
>   > /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/isl3890
>   > This directory didn't previously exist and I had to create it.
>
>Do you have hotplug installed ?
>(in debian: apt-get install hotplug)
>
>If so, do: hotplug (without args)
>and see if it appears "firmware" at the agentnames  values lists
>displayed
>If so look at /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent
>
>by the 23rd line there must be a line like this:
>FIRMWARE_DIR=/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
>There is going to look for the isl3890 file
>
>Did you compiled kernel 2.4 with this options enabled?:
>CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL: y
>    Code maturity level options  --->Prompt for development and/or
>incomplete code/drivers
>
>CONFIG_FW_LOADER: (m or y)
>     Library routines  --->Hotplug firmware loading support
>(EXPERIMENTAL)
>
>If you have all this, I can not help you much further :(
>
>Regrads and good luck
>Jose Chaso

I've been having the same problem, except that the card works alright for about
a minute and then it goes dead. When I try to renew the DHCP connection I get the
cited kernel messages. I can't try replugging the card because it is mini-pci :)
If I power down the system completely and restart, it works for another minute.

James Georgas
	/\V