[Prism54-users] another success with prism54 ;-)

Hugo Koren hugo@deltaman.nl
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:56:36 +0100

Hi,

> > Put all the commands in rc.local so they start at boot or create a
> > network startup the way debian does.
> >
> > I work with RedHat 9 that uses startup network config scripts.
>
> How do you load pcmcia at boot time?
> I have a problem with pcmcia after compiled the 2.4.23-pre9 kernel.
> It does not start, it could not find the pcmcia_core module, along with
> the other one's. But when I modprobe pcmcia_core, it loads....
> Do I have to change something in the pcmcia scripts?

I got it working!!
I compared the old "/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.9/" with the new
"/lib/modules/2.4.23-pre9/" modules dir.
I found out that in the new modules dir there was a extra dir,
/lib/modules/2.4.23-pre9/pcmcia, with only
symlinks. So I removed that dir and gave a 'pcmcia restart' and it works!
:))

Grtz,
Hugo