[Prism54-users] configuring card?

Ben Wilson bwilson@networkservices.net
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:28:45 -0500

Hiya,
  Finally got my SMC2802W installed! Compiled as a module with
2.6-test9 on gentoo.

  So the card comes up, and find and attaches to my neighbors
Apple Airport with no problem ... but i would really rather have
it on my network :)

  I am running an ad-hoc network, and I'm having some problems
changing the settings on my card. I tried the earlier drivers
with the setoid tool, but this isn't being used anymore? I have
version 26 of the wireless-tools and "mode" works, but
channel/freq and essid don't seem to do anything. No error
produced, just nothing happens. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

  Slightly OT, but where do you set default wireless options
with a PCI card? On my laptop, i used /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts;
anything comparable for PCI?

Thanks